Sunday, September 8, 2013

Back in Control

So since deciding to do SonRise and reading all the books, life here has been pretty good.   Andrew had a minor regression last week when he got a bit of a cold, but he seems completely back to himself now, and I am relieved.

We took down the baby gates in our house and are letting him freely explore all three floors.  In the basement is his SonRise room.  We had a bit of a scare this week when we couldn't find him for a couple minutes --- he was down in his SonRise room in the dark.  PLAYING WITH BLOCKS.  The next day I found him playing with his bath toys in the empty bathtub.  He is precious and so, so happy.  Playing!!!!!!

Now that things are calmer here, I am beyond ready to take back control of me.  I stopped seriously dieting and exercising in the spring and took it easy on myself with our busy therapy schedule.  I definitely ate to medicate again.

That's over. 

Last year when I ran, I would tell myself how strong I was, how powerful, how committed.  

This year all I can hear when I run is "You're okay. You're okay. You're okay."

And I am.  And it's time to take care of me, now that everything is okay. 

I found the right people, right away, immediately even.  Took a leap of faith and plunged into healing him in every way I could.  And it's paying off. And I will never stop.  

I am learning that the people in my life who surround me are interested in learning how to protect their children and their friends children too.  That means everything to me. There is SO MUCH GOOD that has come from Sweet Andrew's injury that with every day it's harder to look back. Of course I wish he was never injured, but to not know about the GOOD in the people around me?  Not sure. 

That's a gift you have all given me, how do I thank you for that? Keeping me buoyed in the present by your kindness and support, and facing tomorrow knowing you have my back. 

Thank you for your love.  It propels me forward.  

And the more peaceful I can be, the more zen my boy is, and the most responsive and happy.  And that's what we want for him. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  




No comments:

Post a Comment